ads

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Drowning in a Dream

Woke up drenched in sweat early this morning. I know it was a horrible nightmare but some the details of it are a little fuzzy. I can recall drowning in an ocean of blood. That part is so vivid that the bitter, salty taste of it is still in my mouth. I tried to swim and struggle against the tides but it was no use. The waves would crash down on me, pushing me further into the depths. Just before I woke up an enormous wave rained down on me. As I tried to reemerge I could feel strong hands lock around my arms and legs, pulling me deeper into the abyss. I shot awake gagging and coughing. I had to get up. The feeling of soaked sheets against my bare flesh was enough to make my skin crawl. The television or radio didn't offer any late night solace. I tried reading for a while to no avail. An uneasy, disorienting feeling had settled upon me and I am still feeling it. That coupled with exhaustion is going to make for a long, long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment