ads

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Burnt Offerings

Received a late night phone call yesterday evening from my new administrative assistant. The voice on the other end of the line was trembling with fear. She had just seen on the news that the Corporate Muppet's body had been positively identified from the charred remains of a storage facility fire. A beaming smile flashed across my lips as I slid on my "human mask" and ran through a gamut of emotions. Sorrow, anger, confusion, etc. My assistant seemed to be feeding off me and we consoled each other and spoke of the "fond memories" we had of the Muppet. The facade began to wear on me after awhile. My assistant took that as my needing to be alone with my thoughts. Actually an astute observation, just not for the reasons she believed. After I hung up I quickly turned on the television to watch the developing story. A certain glee came over me as the reporters interviewed police who are utterly stumped at what they've discovered. I can't wait to see what kind of tale they spin to make this seem plausible. I'm guessing something like a drug deal gone bad. That seems to be their fall back stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment