ads

Monday, June 28, 2010

Planning Ahead

Walked into a cluster fuck this morning at 5:00. The Corporate Muppet screwed up beyond belief. It's unfathomable that it could be put in charge of anything more sophisticated than an ant farm. It took me two hours to sort out the cause of the problem and another four to fix it. I didn't get to my own workload until after noon. When I finally broke for lunch I was so disgusted with being at the office that I had to leave. Sitting at lunch, staring vacantly out the window of the diner, I become transfixed on murdering the Muppet. Normally the transgressions of cattle are of little consequence to me, but it if I'm going to remain here for the time being the Muppet must go. I wracked my brain for a fitting end to its miserable existence. So many choices, but nothing that seemed fitting. Finally, an epiphany struck near the end of my meal. When I got back to the office I started looking for a storage facility in between answering emails. I found a place that seems perfect - it's not too close to home, but it's easily accessible by train. It's an off brand facility that shouldn't ask too many questions and it's open 24 hours. I reserved a shed and rented a truck for this evening. I'm going to need a few things from the hardware store.

No comments:

Post a Comment