ads

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Violent Reaction

Put my fist through a wall in my living room this afternoon. It has just been one shit filled, fucked up day from start to finish. I was late to the office this morning. Some asshole decided to have a heart attack and die on my train. While I appreciate the cattle offing themselves they need to do it in a timely and efficient manner. When I finally arrived the Corporate Muppet was screaming about some nonsense. At one point I think it unhinged it's jaw to get the full head flapping effect. It reminded me of the old Reach flip top head commercials. As soon as I made it into the solace of my office the phone rang. It didn't stop ringing until I packed up and left for the day. It astounds me that some of these cattle can walk upright without bloody knuckles. On my way to the train station I was greeted by another torrential downpour. I was soaked to the bone by the time I reached the platform, which was packed with cattle. One of the other trains had mechanical problems resulting in the overflow in front of me. Patiently I waited my turn to board while the beasts around me fought and pushed their way forward. Finally seated in a car I was overcome by the pungent aroma. The noxious odor of rain and sweat permeated the air, sickening me. When at long last we arrived at my stop I sprang from my seat to take gasping breaths as the doors opened. The walk home was a slow, wet trek. Stepping in the door, I saw that I had missed a call from Candace. I tried to call her back but I couldn't get through. After a few failures the phone flew across the room where it promptly exploded upon impact. That was the final straw. After screaming a loud expletive there was a large, fist shaped hole in one of my walls. Surprisingly, the violent action was very cathartic. I felt a certain calmness wash over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment