ads

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stumble in Somnambulance

I've lost days. I woke up in a makeshift homeless community on the library steps this morning. My clothes were torn and tattered, covered in filth. Apparently it was enough for me to camouflage myself amongst the downtrodden cattle. I have no recollection of how I came to be there or what transpired beforehand. I took stock of the items I had on me. My wallet and phone were there intact. I didn't have any blades on me, which set off alarms. I quickly made my way to the nearest train station. Luckily, there weren't too many cattle milling around at that time of the morning, which is not to say that I wasn't met with gawking and stares during my ride. I ignored the brainless masses as I tried to piece together the previous few days. The last thing I remember was going home after work on Friday. I checked my mail and my messages. Candace had called looking to meet for dinner. I remember not wanting to call her back. I wasn't in the mood to spend the evening amongst the cattle. The next thing I remember is waking on the library steps surrounded by vagrants, pigeons and piss. When I arrived home I frantically searched my tools for anything amiss. One of my scalpels is missing. That does not bode well for me. If that knife was used and not disposed of properly I'm quite sure the good detective will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment