ads

Friday, June 25, 2010

Heading Out

Candace made reservations for a bed and breakfast this weekend. I'm looking forward to it, like any other chance to get away from this place. The cottage we're staying in is about 90 minutes south of the city, seated at the base of the mountains. I've never been to the area so there's a bit of excitement in it for me. She showed some pictures and it looks amazing. A landscape preserved from the destruction of the cattle and their mindless ways. No cell towers, no mass communication, just a communion with nature. While waiting for Candace to leave work I tuned into the news briefly. It seems the good detective's domestic woes have taken a turn for the worse. They have discovered incriminating physical evidence against his wife. She is going to be tried for first degree murder. A mugshot was flashed across the screen. Her natural beauty seemed a stark contrast to the orange jumpsuit and drab background. An unobservant viewer may have been extremely reluctant to think her guilty. I, on the other hand, immediately recognized the cold viciousness in her eyes. Even in a picture that hollowness in the eyes can be seen. A childish glee welled inside me at this revelation. It's possible that his wife has tortured Detective Black more than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment