ads

Friday, April 30, 2010

Drinks

I got to Webb's around 10 til 8 last night. It was fucking horrible. Pretentious cattle and their stupid haircuts everywhere. Idiotic conversations drowned out by horrid "music". Just making my way to the bar was challenge. Then I had to deal with a smug attitude for ordering an $8.00 club soda. It took a lot of restraint for me to not reach over the bar and crush the bartenders windpipe. While I was sipping my drink and glancing around the room I picked up a whiff of her scent. Seated at a table to my left was Candace, looking radiant. Her black hair shined under the lighting and her piercing eyes sparkled brilliantly. She was dressed for the evening in a form fitting blue dress and matching heels. Not one to usually be drawn to the trappings of flesh, I'll admit she took my breath away. She smiled when she saw me watching her and motioned for me to come over. I sat down and held up my club soda. I told her she owed me $8.00. She laughed and flashed that wonderful smile at me again. We fell into a very natural conversation. It was a little odd for me. I didn't feel like I had to maintain my "human mask" to be around her. After a few rounds and some more conversation we made plans to have dinner on Saturday. Our server brought the tab which she insisted on paying, despite my protests. I walked her to the door and hailed a cab for her. Before getting in she thanked me for an enjoyable evening and kissed me on the cheek. I stood watching the departing vehicle like a lost puppy as it drove away. My head was reeling. I don't know what to about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment