ads

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I was forced into going to a business lunch this afternoon. The Corporate Muppet may have to die for this transgression sooner rather than later. It is always such a monumental task to maintain my "human mask" in a setting like that. Sitting at a table surrounded by chattering cattle, discussing inane hypothetical business situations instead of doing actual work. The surrounding atmosphere didn't offer much of a reprieve. At the table to my left was one of the most obnoxious and reprehensible representatives of the cattle I've ever come across. It talked incessantly on its cell phone in a ridiculously loud voice through the course of the entire meal. Even it's own dining companions tired of it's antics. Several times I found myself wondering if the cattle would even care if I walked over and stabbed it in the throat with my steak knife. Finally our server asked it to quiet down, but it was short lived. By the time we left the server had an all too familiar murderous look in her eye. It's a shame she didn't give in to her primal urges. That may have made up for my being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment