ads

Monday, August 23, 2010

More Than Meets the Eye

Got out of holding about 5:00 this morning. The cops picked me up late yesterday evening and held me on the assault charge. They put me through the paces, finger printing, mug shot, movie tough guy threats, etc. When they were finished with the dog and pony show I was finally able to get my phone call. I debated for a moment on who to call. The bail was only $1000. Unfortunately, I don't carry that much cash on me. I could have dialed one of those ridiculous ghetto bail bondsman you see on daytime television but that just seemed like it would be inviting in more cattle that I would have to kill that much sooner. In the end I phoned Candace. Due to the late hour I got her voice mail. I calmly explained the situation and headed back to my cell to wait. I was crammed in a cage with about a dozen cattle being held for various charges. I quietly found myself a corner and stayed away from them. It took about two hours for Candace to show up. When she came in it was like watching a walking force of nature. She had dressed hastily in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Her simple adornments belied the beast she had become. A raging fire burned in her eyes and in her every movement. She spoke jaggedly and forcefully to the officers. I'm not sure, but I think one of them was getting ready to cry. I knew she was a skilled lawyer, but to see her be so vicious was exhilarating. I've never been more attracted to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment