ads

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Load Out - Body Count 8

By the time the HVAC tech got to the storefront I had been there for hours. It was sweltering and miserable inside. The sweat dripped off of my body in buckets. The air was stifling with its stagnation and thickness. I'm glad I requested the first appointment of the day. I just didn't realize that meant the crack of 11:15. The tech lumbered about in the "professional" manner I had expected. I tried to put on a "human mask" and play along with it for a few minutes, but in the end it gave me a headache. A quick slash of the jugular and I felt better than I have in days. I threw it's corpse into the van and started to load the gear. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to carry everything on the train, but I couldn't risk taking the van home. I put the container of sodium hydroxide in the back and and suspended the plastic bag of water and aluminum above it with some rope. I went for a leisurely lunch to kill some time before it was time to deliver the van. There was a small Mexican cantina just up a bit from the storefront. The fajitas were excellent. I'll have to remember to go back there. I headed towards the Murphy Center around 2:30. Traffic was a little heavier than I anticipated but still managed to get there a little after 3:00. The service truck allowed me to pull into the connected garage unhindered. There was a prine spot right next to one of the entrances. I set up a few candles under the rope. The candle will burn through the rope and the flame will travel to the bag and burn a hole in the plastic. The solution will drop into the sodium hydroxide and the fun begins. I waited in the van until about 4:00 and then lit the candles. The cattle had started to flow in at that point for the 5:00 door opening. It was easy to slip out anonymously and find the nearest train station. Now I just have to sit back and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment