ads

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Didn't sleep much last night. Spent several hours in my workshop reconditioning my neglected tools. Sharpening, adjusting and honing every minute detail, making them perfect again. When I was finally content with their status I laid down and fell into a fitful sleep. I had the dream about Dad again, though it was different this time. The man from the train platform was there. He was in the water with Dad, holding him down. Dad kicked and struggled for a few short minutes and then fell still with death. The man released his corpse and stared at me for a few seconds. He turned and pointed to my left. The girl was there on the bench. She was looking up from her book, watching the murder in the river. She was talking but the words coming out didn't make any sense. They weren't actually words, more like a churning, humming sound. She turned and noticed me watching her. More "words" came in a louder voice. Her eyes began to change, turning hollow and black. The man in the river yelled to me "She knows!" I woke with a start after that and was unable to fall asleep again.

Now I'm slipping on my "human mask" and headed to work. There's a report due today or was it yesterday? So many things starting to running together lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment